Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
a) Disclaimer of Warranty
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) in Wageningen, the Netherlands maintains this website to enhance public access to information about Agricultural Science and Technology (S&T) policy initiatives and programmes in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries, the European Union and other countries.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date; and
- sometimes linked to external sites over which CTA has no control and for which CTA assumes no responsibility.
n.b A suitably qualified professional should always be consulted for specific advice.
The goal of the CTA is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to the Centre\u2019s attention, they will be corrected. However, the CTA does not warranty the accuracy, reliability or content of any information displayed. Opinions expressed by authors are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the CTA.
It is the Centre's goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on this CTA site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and CTA cannot guarantee that the service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems.
b) Limitation of Liability
Use of this website is done at user's sole risk. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages, injury, financial losses caused by the use of this website.
The CTA does not bear any responsibility for, without limitation, hacking, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, cancel bots, corrupted files or other harmful / or illegal components which ensue from using this CTA website or any third party website linked to the CTA website.
The CTA bears no responsibility for any actions or inactions subsequent to the access to the CTA website.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of CTA in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
Copyright © 2005 CTA, Wageningen, the Netherlands
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated. Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.
CTA is committed to user privacy. Its policy takes account of the principle laid down in Regulation (EC) No. 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions. This general policy covers CTA's family of institutional websites, within the cta.int domain.
Although you can browse through most of this and other CTA websites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request.
In this respect:
- Within the CTA, a Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the Regulation are applied and advises other CTA staff on fulfilling their obligations (see art. 24 of the Regulation); and
- For all CTA staff, the CTA Director will act as an independent supervisory authority (see art. 41 to 45 of the Regulation).
CTA's family of websites, within the cta.int domain, provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
What is an e-service?
An e-service on any of the CTA websites is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and CTA on the other hand.
Three types of e-services are, or will be, offered by CTA:
- Information services that provide citizens, media, business, administrations and other decision makers with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of various policies and activities relevant to agricultural and rural development in ACP countries;
- Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with citizens, business, civil society and public actors thus facilitating policy consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, the activities and the services relevant to agricultural and rural development in ACP countries; and
- Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with CTA, e.g. recruitment, event enrolment, acquisition or purchase of documents etc.
Use of your personal data:
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means the CTA collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose; and
- CTA will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) of its e-services. CTA will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it.
As a data subject you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent;
How long your data is kept.
CTA only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing.
Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints.
Wageningen, 1 January 2005