Third World Organization for Women in Science (TWOWS)
TWOWS is an independent, non-profit and non-governmental body based at the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS) in Trieste, Italy. TWOWS is the first international forum to unite eminent women scientists from the South with the objective of strengthening their role in the development process and promoting their representation in scientific and technological leadership. TWOWS is working to:
· Strengthen research efforts and training opportunities of young women scientists working and living in Third World countries.
· Promote the recognition of the scientific and technological achievements of women
· Improve access to educational and training for women in science and technology.
· Increase the scientific productivity and efficiency of women scientists in the Third World.
· Promote collaboration and communication among women scientists and technologists in the Third World and with the international scientific community as a whole.
· Promote their participation in the decision-making processes, both at national and international levels. · Encourage other international organizations to increase their activities concerned with promoting the role of women in science and technology in the Third World.
» Visit this site